Projects and Activities
pursues its mission to improve telecommunications in the Pacific Island
regions through research and projects which are funded by government agencies,
private foundations, and partners. Our project work is based on research
and considerable experiences. The work of one project frequently informs
and builds on the work of others to form clusters of interrelated projects.
The following describes some of the projects and activities of the PEACESAT
Program and Telecommunications and Information Policy Group, Social Science
Research Institute, University of Hawaii.
- March 10, 2005 - 2005 Technology and Internet Expo
- March 27, 2004 - Vice President Kakazu Visits PEACESAT
- March 3-5 , 2004 - PEACESAT Visits Okinawa
27, 2004 - Ms. Christina Higa - 2003 Research Corporation of the University
of Hawaii (RCUH) Employee of the Year
- January 26-29, 2004 - The United States Telecommunication Training Institute (USTTI) Seminar
- January 26, 2004 - Communications Research Laboratory IP Remote Control Car
- November 18, 2003 - Memorial For Dr. Donald Topping
- July 1, 2003 - Video Teleconference at PEACESAT Studio between University of Hawaii and University of Houston
- June 25, 2003 - Dr. William Riffee visits PEACESAT
- June 09-17, 2003 - Norman Okamura travels to American Samoa to work with the ASG DELTA Consortium.
- June 17, 2003 - PEACESAT hosts an exchange between students in Hawaii and American Samoa
- June 02-16, 2003 - Kaina Lingaton and Ian Emmsely completed P2K Project installation in American Samoa
- June 04, 2003 - Raymond Wang Presents Donation to American Samoa Governor
- May 19-23, 2003 - PEACESAT Operations Maintenance Improvement Program (OMIP) 3rd regional workshop is held in the Koror, Palau
- May 7, 2003 - Bruce Best Receives the 2003 Excellence in Government Citizen of the Year Award
- April 25, 2003 - Dr. Kimio Uno visit PEACESAT and meets with President Dobelle.
of Hawaii at Manoa 2424 Maile Way Saunders
Hall Room 713 Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
(808) 956-8848 Fax: (808) 956-8019 Email: email@example.com